Health During pregnancy, women experience major physical, hormonal, and emotional changes which, if they do not receive adequate care in a timely manner, can impact their physical and mental health.
According to Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMAD), annually 1 in 5 women worldwide experience some type of mood and anxiety disorder in the perinatal period.
Without timely medical and specialized attention, it can lead to the following disorders:
- Perinatal depression.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
- Bipolar disorder.
- Postpartum psychosis.
The main causes and most frequent factors that affect maternal mental health are:
- Fatigue and tiredness.
- Lack of sleep.
- Hormonal changes.
- Idealization of motherhood.
- Past traumatic experiences.
- Family conflicts.
- Family or personal history of mental disorders.
- Loss of a child.
Is another important estimated that between 50 and 80% of women suffer from “baby blues.”
Some of the most visible characteristics and manifestations are the following:
- Changes and alterations in mood.
- Emotions and feelings of sadness, anxiety and hopelessness.
- Frequent crying episodes.
- Loss of appetite and sleep.
- Neglect in daily personal grooming.
If you are in the pregnancy stage and feel some of these symptoms, do not hesitate to contact us.
With our treatments based on Chinese Medicine, we will help you balance your emotions to improve your mental health.
We are located in Sarasota and Venice, Florida. Mothers month.